The purpose of the 4A’s webmaster role is to evaluate, manage, enhance and improve our 4As.org website and web platform. Our web properties have been built in a number of different systems including WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal, and a custom CMS/e-business portal embedded in our association management system. Our webmaster will report into and work closely with our EVP–Marketing, Communications, Events & Partnerships and collaborate with our membership and engagement teams to evaluate areas of the site that need immediate improvement. The individual in this role will be required to manage multiple projects with internal and external teams, specifications and documentation. Strong design experience and expertise in managing a production content management system is also required.
Site enhancements: Manage all web initiatives and site enhancements including implementation of new designs, improved website functionality and technical aspects of our marketing automation platform. Manage multiple web properties built in multiple platforms including Ning, Squarespace, WordPress, Drupal and others. Debug pages and fix broken links, images, optimize branding capabilities.
Site improvements: Identify areas of the site needing immediate improvement and create a prioritized project plan and timeline to address most critical needs. Design solutions to address improvements needed.
Site development and project management: Design graphic enhancements, collaborate with multiple teams, track development and completion of tasks via our internal ASANA project management platform.
Design: Design website specific graphics and contribute to other daily org-related design initiatives to ensure brand and design consistency.
Accessibility: Review all relevant digital interactions with members and prospects to ensure each interaction meets the appropriate ADA guidelines for accessibility.
Testing: Test website performance and functionality across browsers, operating systems and devices. Maintain, configure and troubleshoot servers. Optimize loading speeds and capacity.
Security: Ensure site security by evaluating and setting up gated firewalls, login entitlements for all users and all sites through Active Directory and other authentication systems. Manage the ongoing requirements related to Single Sign-On for the various websites and systems that require authentication and/or access to gated content.
Analytics: Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g traffic, conversions, time spent, navigation improvements needed, etc.). Address user complaints. Evaluate outside resources and vendors of web development services.
Research: Research web best practices and continually review competitive websites for improvement, usability, performance and audience value.
Maintenance: Maintain and document code library for all custom code developed in-house and by outside developers. Evaluate, manage and maintain all cloud services used by the association (Asana, WordPress, Azure DevOps, Box.net, etc).
Team Leadership: Oversee and provide technical website leadership and help demo and train key individuals on new site areas and potential new technical platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Front- and back-end website development
- Understanding of Webmaster tools (Google Analytics, Tag Manager)
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Experience with website systems management on Windows or LAMP, including account management, file management, server-side scripting and configuration
- Strong experience with content management systems concepts and use
- Demonstrated facility with project management software such as Asana, MSProject, MSVisio, OmniGraffle, OmniPlan or others
- Strong familiarity with web design applications: Adobe Suite
- Experience and interest in rich media, web video, motion graphics, and audio a must
- Experience managing e-commerce websites preferred
- Experience managing an environment that uses a CDN such as Cloudflare to manage DNS, Firewall, and performance related features preferred
- 5-10 years of experience building, enhancing and redesigning websites
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field or related coursework
General Characteristics Desired:
- Self-motivated, solutions-oriented and able to work independently, onsite and remotely
- Professional manner and attention to detail and quality
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Positive, detail-oriented with a strong eye for design
- Ideally a usability and interaction design enthusiast
- Must have interest and knowledge of web metrics, gathering, and reporting
- Passionate learner, collaborator and creative innovator
Where We Work:
- Great team with strong mission and energy
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable work/life integration
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
The 4A’s mission is to promote, advance, and defend the essential work of our member agencies to help brands create, distribute and measure advertising and marketing. As the industry leader for marketing communications agencies, the 4A’s empowers members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce and influences culture as we move the industry forward.
The 4A’s provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that empower agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. The New York-based organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Its benefit division insures more than 170,000 employees and its DC office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s and its foundation fuel a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
4A’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.