PwC examines the shopping habits of holiday shoppers in the wake of converging public health and economic crises.
Key findings include:
- Planned spending by consumer segment
- Recommendation to retailers to communicate safety procedures effectively through signage and digital updates
- Importance of curbside pickup
- Altered priorities when choosing where to shop
- Tech usage of Latinx consumers and those under 38
- Holiday travel trends.
PwC also released a 2020 Canadian Holiday Outlook. The Canadian edition features the same topics as above, with an additional focus on Millennial shopping habits, online cross-boarder shopping, and influence of social media on purchase decisions.